Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Recognition Day

It's the end of the school year for the Philippines.  We normally start school in June and summer vacation starts sometime end of March.  At the end of each school year, we have what we call recognition day for students who made it to the honors list or awarding of medals for all non-academic awardees.  I am blessed with smart girls.  EAM, who's in freshman highschool (7th grade equivalent) got the 13th honor spot for her entire level with an average of 91.38 (yep, she's in the 13th spot...I wonder how well did the 1st do? hehehe -- just thinking).  Anyway, my daughter EAM has always been excellent with her academics.  In fact, she graduated as first honorable mention and is a full scholar in her freshman year in a private school.  Because of her achievement this year, she would still be a full scholar when she enters her sophomore year.

 (EAM's Certificate of Honors)
KIM on the other hand is as smart as her sister, EAM.  The only problem she encountered in school was her Filipino subject.  (FYI, my kids grew up in China and they grew up using English as their language -- well EAM used to speak and write Mandarin.  Up 'til the present, KIM can't speak the Filipino language making her get poor grades in Filipino subject).  Anyway, KIM got the GOLD in Math and Bronze in Christian Education.  

         (KIM showing off her two medals)         

 (KIM with best friend, Soowha)
 
 (KIM with their nanny for 3 years now)

It was difficult that day.  I have to be in two different places at the same time.  But with patience and time management, I was able to be with my girls to get their awards.  That day meant so much for my girls --- and it meant twice for me.  My happiness is overwhelming being blessed with two smart kids.  I am so grateful to have very good kids. 
                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment